HONEY WHEAT BREAD
Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe by Cake Mania
- 1 cup Warm Water 110°F
- 2-1/4 tbsp Active Dry Yeast (one 7g packet)
- 1 cup Milk room temperature
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2-3/4 cup Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- 2-3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour or Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Pour water into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle yeast over top. Let sit until yeast dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in milk, honey and oil. Add flours and stir by hand or with a dough hook until a dough forms, about 1 minute on low.
- Add the salt and knead dough until it is smooth and springy, about 10 minutes on medium speed.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a large bowl lightly coated with oil. Turn dough to coat with oil. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Transfer dough to floured surface. Divide dough in half and form into two balls. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Gently press and shape each ball into a 9 x 9-inch square. Fold into thirds, like folding a letter. Pinch the seam closed and place loaf seam-side down in prepared pan. Cover and let rise for 40-60 minutes
- Make three angled slashes on top of each loaf with a knife and place in oven. Immediately reduce heat to 375°F and bake until loaves are golden-brown and sound hollow when tapped, about 30 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire rack.