Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberries
Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberries and Cream Cheese Mousse by Deepti Wadhwani
- Muffin Mould
- Mixing Mould
- Measuring Spoon & Cup
- Kitchen Scale
- 1-½ Cup All purpose flour
- 1-½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 115 grams Butter (softened)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 No Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 250 grams strawberries
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Cream Cheese Mousse
- 200 grams Cream Cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar/icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml whipped cream
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 400 ml whipping cream
- ⅓ cup icing Sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp lemon zest
Method to Prepare Vanilla Cupcake
- Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and beat again.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after every addition.
- Add a third of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and beat on low speed just until combined.
- Now pour in 1/4 cup of milk and beat again to incorporate.
- Add another third of the dry ingredients followed by the remaining 1/4 cup of milk.
- Add the last of the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake pan and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees centigrade for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Cool the cupcakes.
Method to Prepare Strawberry Sauce
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Cut into small chunks and put it in a saucepan along with sugar and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Boil 8-10 minutes stirring gently until strawberry begin turn soft and saucy.
- Take off the heat cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and stir well.
Method to Prepare Cream Cheese Mousse
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat till fully incorporated.
- Now add the vanilla and lemon zest and beat well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
Method to Prepare Frosting
- Beat the chilled whipping creaming icing sugar and vanilla in a large clean bowl until it holds soft peaks.
- Add the lemon zest and quickly and gently beat it or fold it until fully incorporated.
Method to Assemble
- Fresh strawberries sliced to decorate.
- Cut out the Center of the cupcakes and fill generously with cream cheese mousse.
- Top with a little strawberry sauce and frost with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Top with a little more strawberry sauce and some fresh strawberries.
- Chill for 1/2 and hour to one to hour before serving.